If you want to buy a new house in Seattle, then you definitely need to research first. Seattle is a big city, but it is still growing so there are also new build homes too. What you need to look for in new housing in Seattle and how to choose a perfect home for you and your family?
Seattle real estate market
First of all, you need to explore the real estate market in Seattle and to know what to expect in your price range. The median home price in Seattle is about $660,000 which is 0.75% lower than the last year. But, experts say that prices will go up in the future. Home prices in this city are high, but you can save money when a buying house.
- At the beginning of 2020, home sales were up by 6%
- The number of homes for sale decreased by 43% while the number of sold homes increased by 6.2%
- Mortgage rates dropped by 0.8%
- Homes are on the market for about 49 days
What you need to look for in new housing in Seattle?
There are many befits of buying a new house. It has fewer problems.
- Get to know the developers, talk with them and visit the developer’s other websites.
- Compare new build home prices in Seattle and try to get a better deal with negotiating.
- Home prices in Seattle are high, so if you are forced to buy a smaller house, hire storage if there is no enough space in your household. It is a cheaper option.
- New homes usually don’t have problems with water and electricity, but just in case, hire someone to check it.
- Because there is a lot of rainy days in Seattle, roof and insulation must be perfectly built.
- The number of rooms, size of the house, and style depend on your lifestyle. If the house is under construction still, you can change it as you wish, to make an open concept or to make another room, etc.
Moving to Seattle
To be focused on searching for a new home, you should hire a professional moving company to take care of your relocation process. If you are moving to Seattle, visit hansenbros.com and you will find one of the best movers in this area.
Tips for buying a house in Seattle
Before you buy a home or before renting your house, you should have some tips to choose the best one.
- Check the roof
- Don’t pay attention to the paint because you can change it
- Get a home inspection and check plumbing and electricity
- Pay attention to smells in the house
There are so many things you need to look for in new housing in Seattle. If you are buying a house for the first time, find a real estate agent in Seattle you can trust and get a home inspection before purchasing.