Moving is a complex process that comes with a lot of expenses. If professional help is a luxury you don’t think you can afford, do not lose hope. Hiring a cheap moving company is not impossible (by cheap we mean reasonably priced). If you want to know more about hiring cheap movers in Miami, we hope we can help. Read on and learn a few tricks.
The risks of hiring a cheap moving company
If a low price is all that you’re looking for, you could be making a big mistake. Tempted by low costs, a lot of people forget about the dangers behind such offers.
An unrealistically low moving estimate is part of an old trick fraudulent movers use to lure inexperienced customers. First, they promise low prices and later charge you a lot more once your belongings are in their possession. Then, they refuse to give you your stuff back until you pay.
On the other hand, a low price could simply mean poor quality. By hiring cheap movers, you could get low-quality moving equipment and packing materials. Moreover, a cheap company is usually not insured and/or licensed. Also, their staff could be inattentive or inexperienced which means the move would be poorly executed.
How to hire a cheap moving company that is also reliable
Hiring a cheap moving company is not enough. It needs to be a reliable one, too. What is the point of saving some money if you end up losing more? Apart from being cheap, your movers have to be trustworthy. That is the only way to have a successful move. Moving Kings Van Lines FL is a perfect example of a company that is both cheap and reliable.
There are many honest, affordable movers that offer all kinds of relocation. Here are a few tips on how to find them.
- Start doing research on time. The cheapest and most reputable moving companies are always in demand, so you should book as early as you can.
- Start your research by asking people for recommendations. Your friends and acquaintances must know an affordable moving company you can trust. In addition, read online reviews to find movers with a good reputation.
- After that, visit the companies’ websites and contact them personally via telephone, email or, if you have the time, visit their physical offices. Prepare the questions you want to ask them in advance.
- Invite them to your home to get an in-home moving estimate. This is the safest way to get a precise estimate and know exactly how much the move is going to cost. Also, remember that only a binding estimate guarantees the price won’t exceed a certain amount.
- Compare several companies’ moving quotes. Bear in mind that the best price is not always the lowest price. What you should be looking for is a good balance between quality and price. Pay special attention to all the services your moving package includes.
- Before hiring a cheap moving company, make sure it is insured and licensed. Spending less money on the move does not mean anything if your valuables get lost or damaged and you can’t get compensation.
Cost-cutting tips and tricks
There are many ways to save money when moving home. All you need to do is be creative and plan ahead. The money you save can be put to good use when starting a new life. You could use the extra cash for throwing a housewarming party or decorating your home, for example. Here are a few useful tips for cutting moving costs.
Hire a cheap moving company
Nothing can reduce your moving expenses like reasonable movers. A moving company that respects your budget will help you get the most out of it. Making a good deal should be easy if you find the right team of professionals. On the other hand, greedy movers will try to persuade you to spend more than you planned.
Take only the necessities with you and get rid of the rest. Donating, throwing, selling – you have various options. Leave the things you rarely or never use behind. There might be someone who needs them. In addition, whether you’re renting or buying a home, there might be some stuff you could use in it. For instance, if there’s a washing machine, you don’t need two. Unless you’re moving into a completely empty home, make a list of all the things inside it before the move.
Doing as much as you can yourself is also a good tactic for staying within your budget. For example, you can pack and unpack your belongings alone or with the help of your friends instead of asking movers to do it. It is tiring but it’s worth it. Just make sure you do it properly, using sufficient packing material.
Furthermore, disassembling some items like electronics and furniture yourself means one less moving fee. Many useful tutorials on how to pack furniture for moving can be found on the Internet. However, disassembling and reassembling certain items is very risky, so you might consider letting professionals do it. Not only do they have the right tools but they also have more experience.
Additionally, you can use the packing supplies you already have available in order to avoid buying them. You can probably find or borrow some suitcases, boxes, sheets or towels for the cushioning, and so on. Ask friends or your local supermarket employees if they can help you with this.