If you have bought a new apartment or a house, congratulations on that! Having your own space and peace does not have a price, right? To make it more comfortable and suitable for you, before you relocate, it is time to improve and decorate your place. In the case that you are looking for your place to look bigger, you should think about open floor plans. Like everything, this solution has good and bad sides. However, the major thing is that you are going to have a lot of spaces in your new home. Still, what is the best way of organizing all the things?
What are open floor plans?
Firstly, if you do not know what exactly means to have open floor plans, we will give you a little help. This type of remodeling will give you a bigger space. In other words, multiple open rooms function as a single living space. Mostly, the combination is making kitchen, living and dining room in one big area. This means that you will have plenty of jobs before having this space. Perhaps, you will need to break the walls and things can become really messy during this process. So, cleaning after redecoration will be a necessary thing. If you are looking to make this, you should start as soon as possible.
What are the pros and cons of having open floor plans?
We have mentioned that for this solution you have good and bad sides. So, what are the pros of having this space:
- Have a feeling that you are living in a bigger place. – As we said, the primary thing for open floor plans is that your part of a house or an apartment will look bigger.
- You will get more natural light. – When you do not have doors or walls, it is easier for the light to reach the space where you are living.
- Socializing and entreating will be easier. – Since we are talking about open space, it means that being a lot with your family will become a common thing.
- You can watch your children. – Having this type of space is a good solution, especially if you have small children. If you make it, you can control them more.
What about the cons?
- Less privacy. – When we talk about bad sides of having this space, this is the primary thing. Especially, if you are a student and you simply need to have your personal space for studying.
- The mess can happen more often. – The bigger the space is, the chances for spreading the mess are huge. When you do not have walls or doors which can keep it, things can become chaotic.
- Not enough walls. – If you are loving paintings or some other items which you want to hang on the walls, with this space, you might not have a chance to keep them all.
Even if there is a list of the cons, you should still think about making this type of space. Be sure that it is going to be more practical for you and that you will make some change in your apartment. Also, when you create a new space, you can use some home improvement ideas under $500 and make it look more beautiful.
Organize your relocation before you start remodeling your place
In the case that you have bought a new place, you need to organize for your relocation first. Especially, if you are making an interstate move. Keep in mind that it is an important thing to have an easy move from one state to another. Make a good moving strategy, see which things you need to have for your relocation process and start with it.
Calculate your moving costs
Since you are planning to make an open floor plan in your new home, it is going to cost you. In order to have a clear image of your costs, you need to calculate them on time. Also, you should separate the costs of your moving and the costs of redecorating your home. Speaking about the costs of your relocation, it is an important thing to have the exact price. To achieve this, you have some options. One of them is visiting www.getmovedtoday.com website and get a moving quote. Be sure that this is the most reliable way to find out about the price of your relocation.
Make a selection which items you are going to relocate
When you are making this type of remodeling in your home, you should think wisely about which items you are going to relocate with you. Even if you are going to have a bigger space, because you do not have walls, you might not be able to take all the items with you. On the other hand, you need to be sure that your items are going to be relocated in the safest way. Having professionals to pack and move your boxes is a crucial thing. If you hire them, be sure that your moving will go in a smooth way.
What should you do with the rest of the items?
Speaking about the items which you cannot relocate, you can donate them or simply organize a garage sale. If you sell them, you can earn some money which you can invest in making a space in your new home.
Have experts who will make open floor plans
Of course, making this type of space on your own is not a good idea. Do not forget that crashing the walls can be really dangerous if somebody is doing who is not trained and prepared for it. So, you should do good research and find experts who can provide you with this type of service. Make a deal with them about the price and see how much time do they need.
Enjoy your new space!
In the end, you can see that making open floor plans is a good idea. Not only that your place will look bigger, but you will have a lot of options when we talk about decorating and improving that space. Once you finish everything, be sure that you will enjoy it and that you will have a feeling that you are living in a different home!